Since THOMAS MEAKINS and his wife were servants to Edmund Quincy, it is likely that they came to New England with him in the Griffin in 1633.
According to the Boston church records, "THOMAS MEKINS and KATHERINE his wife servants to our brother Edmund Quinsey" were admitted to Boston church Feb. 2, 1633/34. On Jun. 6, 1641, "Our brother THOMAS MEKINS the elder and our sister KATHERINE his wife were granted to be recommended to the church at Braintree."
At a Boston town meeting, Mar. 21, 1635/36, "these former granted allotments were not built upon according to a former order made the 30th of the 9th month last (Nov. 30, 1635), and therefore that they are free to be otherwise disposed of" with list of twenty-five names, including "THOMAS MEKINS the elder, and THOMAS MEAKINS the younger."
On Jul. 1, 1637, Ralph Hudson was granted a garden plot "at the end of THOMAS MEKINS garden plot." There is no entry for THOMAS MEAKINS in the 1645 Boston Book of Possessions, but there is evidence that he still owned land at that date: the houselot of Matthew Chaffee bounded THOMAS MEKINS on the northwest.
The Roxbury church records show that, "Sister MEAKINGS the aged woman, mother to brother MEAKINGS died
at Roxbury, 3 February 1650/1."
wife Elizabeth Tulston