JOHN PABOBIE was born about 1590 in St. Albans, Hertfordshire, England. St. Albans is just north of London. He probably arrived in Plymouth Colony in 1635 or 1636 as his name appears on the list of freemen of the colony dated Mar. 7, 1636/37, and he was admitted and sworn with others whose names were on that list on Jan. 2, 1637/38. He married ISABEL HARPER, sister of Thomas Harper of London.
JOHN received a grant of 10 acres of land on Jan. 1, 1637/38, "on Duxburrow side, lying betwixt the lands of William Tubs on the north side, and those of Experience Mitchell on the south side, and from the sea in the west, and from Blew Fish River in the easte". Another tract granted him Nov. 2, 1640, was 30 acres "with meadow to it" at North River.
He was a member of the jury that convicted three young Englishmen of the murder of an Indian on Sep. 4, 1638, and of the "Grand Inquest" at the court June 4, 1639.
In 1645, JOHN and his son, WILLIAM, were among the original proprietors of Bridgewater, Plymouth, MA.
Francis came to America in the spring of 1635 on the ship Planter, which sailed from London about Apr. 10, 1635, and arrived in Boston, MA, June 7, 1635. Francis, a farmer and miller, settled first in Ipswich, Essex, MA, where he was living in 1636 near "Labour in Vaine" on a road that led to the beach.
In 1638 or 1639, Francis joined with the Rev. Stephen Bachilor and 12 others in the original settlement of Hampton, Rockingham, NH. He became a freeman of Hampton on May 18, 1642. His residence in Hampton was near those of Isaac Perkins and William Cole.
After spending 12 years in Hampton, on Mar. 25, 1650, he sold his property to Robert Drake and moved to Topsfield, MA, which two years earlier had been set off from his former home of Ipswich. Here he spent the rest of his life.
On moving to Topsfield he bought 250 acres of land from Samuel Symonds. On Apr. 20, 1666, he purchased
from his neighbor, William Evans, an acre of land beside Pye Brook, on which he established the town's
first grist mill in 1672. The mill stood until 1846. In 1692, he built a second house farther up the
brook, and this stood until Oct. 4, 1914.
wife Lydia _______
wife Mary Foster
wife ELIZABETH ALDEN
husband John Rouse